Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

Hello 2013!  I am so glad you are finally here!!!

2012 was a year full of joy and tremendous sadness.  I lost my father to cancer after he fought it for almost 2 years.  That was on June 1, 2012.  That day will forever be etched into my mind.  I am so glad that I was there with him on his final days, though a day doesn't go by that I don't think about him and miss him.  Then another sadness came with the loss of my sweet Shi Tzu of 14 years, Tabitha.  She was hit by a car 20 days after my dad passed away.  June and July were not much fun for me, but with every day that passed, it did seem to get better.  Who knew that the loss of a pet is as traumatic as the loss of a family member.  It was not a good summer. 

I try to find the good in everything and there were many good things that happened this past year.  My mom finally got her permanent home with land for her horse.  That is something we've always dreamed about.  Then the school year started and I was able to get back on a routine and have been blessed with another group of amazing kids.  I swear, I am so blessed to have amazing kids come into my classroom every year.  I know I am the teacher, but they are the ones that teach me new things every day.  They take a piece of my heart with them every year when they go on to third grade.  I love my job and the older I get, the more I fall in love with my job... I am so thankful to have such a great job, but my co-workers help make that happen too.  I truly work with the best group of people ever.  They are the best at what they do and they truly care about their students.  We have a new principal this year and she has been a fantastic fit to our school.  I sure do miss our previous principal, but she needed to live her life that she forever dedicated to her teachers and students (42 wonderful years!)  I am glad that she can enjoy spending time with her grand babies and watch them grow up. 

My New Year's Resolution was to really work on my blog and get better at keeping it up.  This blog is a look back on the week before our break.. We had so much fun celebrating that last week and we studied trains and read the Polar Express and then we had hot chocolate and watched the movie.  We had a book exchange and the kids really loved getting new books.  I always ask the parents to NOT send in gifts for my parapro and myself.  I always hated opening presents in front of the kids and all I can ever afford are little treats.  I love the fact that they get to celebrate with each other and have a book to remember it by. 

I am wishing you all a wonderful new year in 2013.  May you be blessed with love, happiness, good health and good fortune.  Here are some pictures of my sweeties... I hope you enjoy!
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Another digital slideshow by Smilebox

No comments:

Post a Comment