Sunday, March 11, 2012

Begging and Borrowing

Do you find it hard to believe that we have to spring forward already?  I am used to growing up in Indiana and we never had to change our time, but I don't think anyone really gets used to waking up an hour earlier...  So since I have lost an hour, I am trying to squeeze that extra time anywhere I can find it!

I am not sure what happened when I turned mid age or middle 30's... I never thought I would say I was that old.. but here I am and I feel like I am sponge and want to soak everything up.  I really wish I had this drive in college, but now it is kind of obsessive... I have always wanted to be the best teacher for my kids and I want so much for them to be the BEST kids ever!  It is still surreal to me to have my dream career and doing what I love so much every day, and that these parents trust me with their babies every day.  There are so many resources out there that are so helpful and wonderful ideas out there to help me succeed to be the best teacher for my kiddos.  That is where my title comes from.  I just do not have time to create all these wonderful activities for each subject I am supposed to teach, but thankfully there are teachers out there that are dedicated to producing these wonderful activities for me to be the best teacher ever!  (I am not the best by any means, but it sure does help me feel a lot more prepared!)

My other obsession is Pinterest... Who doesn't LOVE Pinterest, right?  I have found so many great bloggers out there that have helped me everyday!  Thank you for all your great ideas that I use all the time!  You all rock!  I wish I could list them all, but it would be all of them!

"Oh Class...."  "Oh Yesss!" 
"Classity Class..."  "Yessity, Yes!"
"Hands and Eyes..."  "Hands and Eyes!"

My kids love our new fun way of learning!  It is called, "Whole Brain Teaching."  I have always incorporated whole brain learning, but other teachers out there have really created fun learning ways for my kids to excel!  Check out this teacher that I have stole some great ideas from.  Not only is she a great teacher, but I love her style!  The kids love being a "teacher" and having a voice.  For so long, kids are expected to sit and listen, but really how much can they learn from a lecture, right?  Check this video out for some great ideas!  Love it, love it, love it!


We are a PBIS school and that is a great program teaching positive behavior and respect and responsibility, but along with whole brain teaching it has worked wonders keeping my kids engaged and learning!  I love it!  Before each learning activity we act out our five directions so we "remember" what our expectations are.  If a child isn't following these, I can remind them of what is expected and they get it together quickly!

I have learned over the years that I am not afraid to beg and borrow to help make my kiddos be their best!! 

What are some things that you have borrowed over the years to help make you a better teacher?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Tara - I have been teaching 18 years and I really want to try whole brain teaching...I want to read up more about it this summer and incorporate it next year. Glad I found you. I'm your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete