Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Pumpkin Day!

We had such a great time yesterday with our pumpkin centers!  The kids really got into it and even "learned" a lot when they didn't even know they were learning!!  We had many fun things set up for them to do.  We even missed recess and no one asked when it was.  How exciting is that? 

"How many pumpkins tall are you?" was a fun center for all.  We had students ranging between 15-22 pumpkins tall.  We have some tall kids in here! 


I think the favorite center was the "sorting of the candy center."  Thank you for sending in the fun treats for my students!  My favorite was the popcorn hands with the candycorn as fingernails and my favorite cookie dressed as a ghost!  What fun ideas!  Thanks to Savannah and her Grandma and Nicholas and his mom for making those!


Another center was a matching and sorting math.  They didn't get a chance to finish it completely, but they had fun trying to beat their partner to see who could match them the fastest!  They are so smart!  This was a great 'freebie' from a great blogger friend!  Thank you for all the great 'freebies.'  I think I could go broke buying all the things that I really want!!!!


The students had a lot fun cleaning the pumpkin out for me!  This was the first year in a long time that I didn't have to put my hands in the pumpkin!  My wonderful, awesome students all did it, without one complaint!  They estimated the weight of the pumpkin and the number of seeds it had.  The pumpkin weighed in at 24.4 pounds.  They were really close with one winner closest with 30 pounds.  The seeds are still waiting to be counting, because they are taking a very long time to dry and not be slimy anymore.  We will count them tomorrow and then I will take them home and bake them.  They all can't wait to taste them.





They are even seperating the 'guts' from the seeds for me!  They VOLUNTEERED to do this... I promise I did not tell them they HAD to do it!  They loved every second of it! 

For those of you that know me, I am always trying to watch my weight, but... I have a sweet tooth and I LOVE my Krispy Kreme donuts!  I had a very special surprise on my desk yesterday morning waiting for me when I came back from bus duty!  Of course, I couldn't say no!  I loved every bite! 



I hope you all had a wonderful night!  Thanks for letting me have all your ROCK STARS!  They are all doing a GREAT job!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment